Well Workplace University
What Is Well Workplace University?
Well Workplace University is an internationally recognized learning opportunity where business leaders, health care professionals and wellness practitioners come together to learn the art and science of building world-class worksite wellness programs. Utilizing our trademarked training blueprint known as the “Well Workplace” process, participants are immersed in the “real world” of worksite wellness.
Drawing from the actual experiences and practices of North America’s best run corporate wellness programs, this unique training opportunity exposes participants to an internationally recognized framework for building comprehensive health promotion initiatives.
Because Well Workplace University is designed to equip participants with both the “theory behind the thinking” as well as the important “how-to’s,” participants walk away from this training with the knowledge and skills needed to confidently design and deliver worksite wellness programs that do what they’re supposed to — produce results.
The Well Workplace University Curriculum
By attending this dynamic training event, participants learn “Wellness the WELCOA Way.” Incorporating the critical benchmarks of successful programs, the training is presented in systematic and logical sequence that zeroes in on:
- Capturing Senior Level Support
- Creating Cohesive Wellness Teams
- Collecting Data to Drive Programming Efforts
- Crafting an Operating Plan
- Choosing Appropriate Interventions
- Creating Supportive Environments
- Consistently Evaluating Outcomes
The Outcome of Well Workplace University
In addition to learning how to design and deliver a results-oriented worksite wellness program, Well Workplace University culminates in an examination of the Well Workplace Awards initiative. Driven by a rigid set of criteria, companies who have completed this training are eligible to compete for the coveted WELCOA Well Workplace Award. In fact, as a result of attending Well Workplace University, hundreds of organizations have gone on to receive either a Bronze, Silver, or Gold Award and are now being recognized as some of America’s healthiest companies.
Here are some of our recent success stories:
- Townsend engineering increased their program participation rates to over 80%.
- Union Pacific Railroad achieved a net savings of $1.26 million through a medical self care program.
- Lincoln Plating, a small employer of 210 people invested $85,000 in a wellness program and demonstrated returns of over $800,000. They also reduced annual turnover from 70% to 35% in less than two years.
- Highsmith, Inc., a Wisconsin based firm of 300 people, significantly lowered health care expenditures through an aggressive risk-rating program.
- Miami Valley Hospital reduced health risk factors among at-risk employees by over 15%.
- Portage County Schools achieved a Gold Well Workplace and has been recognized as one of America’s Healthiest Schools.
The Company We Keep
Over the course of the past ten years, The Wellness Council of Florida has helped 106 companies to gain international recognition. Check out some of our distinguished Well Workplace Award winners:
- Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
- Anthern Health (Now AmeriHealth)
- Baptist Hospitals
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida
- Citibank Universal Card
- City of Jacksonville
- Columbia Memorial Hospital
- County of Volusia
- CSX Transportation
- Duval County Scholl Board
- Florida Power and Light
- Greater Macedonia Baptist Church
- Harden & Associates
- Health Quest
- Heath Screen America
- Jacksonville Cardiovascular Clinic
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Jacksonville Electric Authority/St. Johns River Park
- Jacksonville Port Authority
- JM Family Enterprises
- Jon Alden Financial Corporation (Now Fortis Health)
- Methodist Medical Center
- Morton Plant Mease Heath Care
- Naval Air Station Jacksonville
- Pitney Bowes
- Saint Johns River Water Management
- Saint Vincentes
- Scott-McRae Group
- Solutia Inc.
- Suddath Companies
- The Florida Department of Children and Families
- The Florida Times-Union
- University of North Florida
Why Should Someone Attend Well Workplace University
- You will master a worksite wellness model that produces results. Incorporating the seven critical benchmarks of successful programs, this training presents a systematic framework that can be easily incorporated into any organizations setting.
- The training materials are first rate. As a result of attending Well Workplace University, each participant will walk away with a comprehensive set of materials that will keep them on track for months to come.
- The trainers are simply the best … period! Under the direction of Michael S, Dr. David H and local facilitators you’ll learn from some of the most respected trainers in North America. With decades of collective experience in worksite health promotion, participants get only the best of the best information.
- The case studies and examples are drawn from real life settings. Using a case study and best practice approach, all information and examples are drawn form real life situations. From Union Pacific Railroad’s return on investment strategy to Townsend Engineering’s remarkable participation rates, attendees get an inside look at some of the most inspiring wellness programs of our time.
- The networking is unparalleled. Throughout the training, we’ve built time into the agenda for participants to meet and share ideas with other business and health professionals in attendance. As a result of attending Well Workplace University, participants immediately get plugged into a national network of professionals who are dedicated to building healthier places to work.
- The value is unbeatable. When all is said and done, the experience of attending Well Workplace University is simply unbeatable.